Fighter Aircraft Performance of WW2 Forum Forum Index Fighter Aircraft Performance of WW2 Forum
Discussion of period aircraft performance, the book, and related matters

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The RULES hereabouts...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fighter Aircraft Performance of WW2 Forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: The RULES hereabouts... Reply with quote

Right, this forum is strictly experimental. It can and will be terminated at any time, subject to abuse, farce, hijacking or any other form of bad behaviour.

Very much against my better judgement, I have been convinced to open this forum in the hope that we might learn more about the fascinating topic of aircraft performance-- of technical and aerodynamic details-- by means of respectful debate and exchange. I remain profoundly sceptical, however, that mature conduct is possible on the WWW, or by dint of modern society. I hope to be proved wrong, of course, but equally I will take immediate action should that not be the case.

By registering on this forum you acknowledge this fact and agree to abide by the site rules. Additionally, posts which are deemed to be offensive, abusive or otherwise out of order will be removed without warning. Posters who violate the rules will be warned, and then banned. I will not tolerate Trolls, hatred agenda merchants, stalkers or other forms of anti-social conduct. Anyone of this sort of inclination is advised to jog on.

This forum is intended for the exchange of information and ideas in a rational, collegial, historical and academic fashion. For those who might be unfamiliar with such mature and civilised standards of discourse, here are a few general guidelines to follow:

-Do not shout at other posters and tell them that they are "wrong". Explain in a reasoned manner why you feel that their ideas might be errant. Cite evidence and include supporting material in your response.

-Respect opinions. Be aware of which kinds of material are subjective and which are not. Do not advance your own opinions as objective facts.

-Do not boast, blag nor indulge in pompous pretence or fakery. Those who do so on this topic, in this forum, will be found out at once.

-Refrain from posts which are deliberately inflammatory.

-Arrive with an open mind. Inevitably in serious research, one always finds that some (or many!) of their previous conceptions on any given topic are in fact erroneous and informed by propaganda, misconception and lazy regurgitation.

Let us all try to work together to make this experiment a success. Much can learned on this endlessly fascinating topic if we co-operate and debate in a mature fashion.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fighter Aircraft Performance of WW2 Forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: